The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Small Sensor Fun

simonclivehughes

The more I see the more I like. The Bedscape is excellent.

Talking of smudgy taxi windows, here's another example:

http://www.pbase.com/m3photo/image/35451548
Michael,

Thanks! I just hate dirty car windows, but it rarely stops me from taking shots!

Simon I really like those and the 'look' of the images from the TX7 is interesting.
Will,

The 'look' of the shots is from PP in CS4... they don't come out of the camera that way. The jpegs do give a good base from which I then PP to my tastes. BTW, I have a description of my PP routine on the FAQ page of my site if you are interested further.

Cheers,

Will

Simon I did realize that but still I find that different cameras seem to give a different look even when you pp them quite a lot. Don't know if it's because the original 'look' of a file influences the person doing the pp or if the file itself has a direct effect. Or perhaps I'm just imagining things?

simonclivehughes

Simon I did realize that but still I find that different cameras seem to give a different look even when you pp them quite a lot. Don't know if it's because the original 'look' of a file influences the person doing the pp or if the file itself has a direct effect. Or perhaps I'm just imagining things?
Will,

Interesting observation... certainly the original 'look' of the file might give me a direction to take in PP the file. I almost never just use a file out-of-camera. Foremost because I typically find the OOC image to be lacking, regardless of how I have tweaked the jpeg settings. Beyond that though, I simply love post processing an image to see what I can do with it. I used to do this in the wet darkroom but only with B&W. It's just so much easier now with software PP.

As much as I love shooting, I get just as much, if not more enjoyment and satisfaction from the processing. Shooting is only half of the equation. :D

Ciao,

pollobarca

Lately I've been seeing a lot of fast cars, my sister and hubby came over, he's a
fast car enthusiast. So a trip to Monza race track then a trip down to Maranello
and the "Galleria Ferrari" were made.
Arrived Maranello and it was a disaster, a car boot sale in front of Ferrari ( I kid not although perhaps I should call it a flea market) , piles of snow (about a metre had fallen a few days previously) and traffic halted by it all.
Well we parked and got in. Ferrari allow photography, take all the pictures you like! WB is a problem though with thoughtfully mixed natural and artificial light.
Well its a great day out and well worth going for.

This one taken using the GX100 with a Nikon WCE68 attached

Just the GX100

The set is here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pollobarca/sets/72157623627298586/

Hope you enjoy these

paul

pollobarca

Thanks Will, its a great little camera and this sort of place is where it really works.
I dont think Ferrari would let a tripod in.
paul

W

wbrandsma

Have stayed away from small sensor cameras for a while and finally had some time to really get to know the Ricoh GR Digital I.

otumay

Wouter, I see your point. Looking at those beautiful shots, the thought of my GRD-II tucked away in a drawer made me cringe.
Best,
Osman

sizifo

Like the change in attitude, and the pattern-based series Wouter. Touching.

Continuing the GRDII crusade.

T

thinkfloyd

Here's one while walking to the bank... the baby was alone, and when I tried to approach him, he ran across the street to the tent on the other side of the road (top right). When I approached, I was threatened by his mom who was in the tent... (mind you, this street is a fairly busy street)...