The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Small Sensor Fun

sizifo

Love the stage one paul. And the pissoir one could become a classic.

Here are a few from Portobello Road/Golborne Road with GRDI.

pollobarca

Sizifo,
great set of pictures,particularly like the composition of the second one with the pot plant seller and the line of faces.
Thanks for the comment on the Hiromi pic- I was not so happy with how the GX100 performed but the light was very poor. She moves a lot, like all musicians, so the settings are high for low light and I relied on burst shooting with JPG, another drawback.
Anyway the music was GREAT!

Will

Thanks Paul.
I hadn't thought of it looking like a confessional! It's actually a self portrait, taken from the ground, looking up through a sun bed at me soaking up the sun this afternoon.

sizifo

I liked that one a lot Will, also commented on your flickr. Did you try it in B&W? I have a feeling it would work even better.

Just reposting one of the above photos, since they stupidly disappear from flickr if changed.

Will

I had noticed your comment on my flickr page which is much appreciated!

Here is a different one in B&W. I think you were right.

GRD2

pollobarca

Very effective Will, now it looks like you are interrogating me...
How things/feelings change with different light and colour.

B rgds

paul

Tim

Red Car, Red Cafe

Red Car, Red Cafe -- It was just on dusk, I was following (running to catch up) my family to dinner and I turned to my left to see this near exact colour match between the car and the cafe walls and grabbed the image in an instant.

It would have been lost if the camera had not been both in my hand and powered up - some scenes are only there for an instant. The IOS and bright lens of the LX3 made it all possible. Note the street does have a slight incline.

What do you think?!

LX3 - jpg from the camera

sizifo

Red Car, Red Cafe
What do you think?!
It's great to be able to get a split second thing like that. I've looked at it a few times in the past few days, and like it, but I think it lacks a bit
of something else, other than the superposition of colours, to make it work completely for me. Never the less like I said, I've looked at it a few times, so am sort of undecided I guess.

Will

Decided not to renew my shotgun license so I took a few snaps before I sold my gun.

GRD2 @21mm with some cropping.

Will

It was, especially since I inherited it from my Grandfather. But then I only used it to shoot rabbits in my garden and there haven't been any of those for three years (we have a young cat again now who is doing a fine job)

pollobarca

Will,
now you've sold the gun the cat will realise he has no competition . I would expect some slacking!
I really like the colours and details you have obtained with the GRD2. The "bokeh" down the barrel is marvellous. The steel blue too.

paul