The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Small Sensor Fun

pollobarca

Went to Seville Spain last week. Busy working on the pictures , here is a first one , Only had my little gx100 and a bad position to get this:-

More will follow.
Some sad news too- my Olympus c5050z has gone to wherever cameras go when they die...

Now I need to convince other family members that the ELP-2 will be a good investment.

pollobarca

Hullo All,
I've been off a long time, working and all has kept me from the camera (GX100)-
Well we took out 4 days in Seville Spain. The little Ricoh performed perfectly (apart from cold and batteries) and I am still working on the pictures.
Here are the first on Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pollobarca/sets/72157625879583230/

Also- I have now obtained (for a song of a price!couldnt resist) an Olympus E-PL1 with the kit 14-42 lens. Its a great camera (well i think so) even after only 2 weeks of use love it already.That puts me on the 4/3rds list too.

Brgds
paul

mathomas

Snowy morning view from my neighborhood. V-LUX 1 did a pretty good job on the high-contrast, I think.

DHart

Image created with Panasonic Lumix LX5 w/ Leica Vario-Summicron Aspherical 5.1-19.2mm f/2.0-3.3 lens

GF-1 w/Carl Zeiss Planar T* 85mm f/1.4 lens.

Last edited:

DHart

Had some play time with the LX5 a bit...

This camera ROCKS for close-ups! Fantastic.

Good ole trusty iA (intelligentidiot, I call it). This image doesn't reflect it, but Panasonic sure
nailed their iA, amazing camera intelligence... only drawback I can see is iA doesn't record to RAW,
dang it..

Film Grain color mode really rocks with certain subjects - I may stray from RAW more than occasionally with this mode.

This was a RAW converted to B&W in LR3. It would have been better with Film Grain color mode.

Another close-up... Nite cap

Impressions of the camera... I love the fast 2.0 lens, the 24mm wide to 90mm, the close-up capability, multi-aspect ratio, the various color modes are great (though I'm mostly a RAW shooter), the Leica Vario-Summicron lens is really sharp! Not to mention the superb video functionality. This camera is replacing my G9 and ZS3 for quick and easy snaps. As a fun, grab'n'go kind of camera, I think this little LX5 is going to work out just fine.

Here's an image of the camera with the wide angle converter which takes the 24mm lens to 18mm (equiv.).

Last edited: