Site Sponsors

Thread: Another New Member

Post Thanks / Like

Another New Member

I've been reading this section of the forum for several weeks now. What a fine place to spend some time. I've learned a lot -- not just about cameras, but about the how and why of photography.

The photos from Lili and Mitch are an especially good kick-in-the-seat to motivate me to get out and take more pictures. If Lili and Mitch can transform ordinary scenes into extraordinary photos, there's hope for those of us who live and work in less-than-picturesque settings.

Here are some of the photos that I've taken with various small sensor cameras -- mostly point-and-shoot models.

Epson L-500V

Olympus C-60Z

Casio EX-P505

Sanyo C4

Fujifilm A345

Canon G1

Fujifilm E550

HP R817

Sanyo C6

All the cameras listed above were on temporary loan, except for the Canon G1.

I recently purchased a Ricoh GR Digital II (partly based on Mitch's photos) and hope to explore its capabilities soon. I'm excited about the extreme DOF that's possible when you combine a small sensor with a relatively fast wide-angle lens.

David
    Last edited by DavidE; 11th March 2008 at 09:48. Reason: Changed signature from DavidE to David

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Another New Member

Quote Originally Posted by DavidE View Post

I recently purchased a Ricoh GR Digital II (partly based on Mitch's photos) and hope to explore its capabilities soon. I'm excited about the extreme DOF that's possible when you combine a small sensor with a relatively fast wide-angle lens.

David
    Good decision if you ask me. I look forward to seeing your GRD2 shots. Dust is accumulating on my DSLR's since I bought the Ricoh!
    Osman