The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

last nite's sunset

smokysun

i'm sad so many good photographers have deserted us for 4/3's and now suddenly the leica forum blooming. (yes, the x1 looks appealing, yet at 2 thousand dollars i wonder if it really will beat the dp1/2)

anyway, here's one with the gx100 and 16mm nikon converter.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Wayne,
Nothing beats the DP1 including the DP2.
Funny thing is...
In LR, I search DP1 images and all the time they blow me away...
so much so that I have ordered another outfit.
I love the Pen and will wait for the firmware update to see of I will live it after...
But the DP1 is a no brainer for me...
As your Gov said...."I'll be back".
Don

smokysun

hi don,
i have to agree. after really getting used to the dp1 even the gx100 doesn't seem as ergonomically ahead as it once did. just be a little careful about exposing it unnecessarily to dust. i left both dp1s on the dash driving to the lookout over ten miles of dirt road. they each picked up a speck. my bad.
enjoy,
wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. the nikon .68 wide converter seems to work better than the .75 on the dp1. no vignetting. and it's considerably lighter and smaller. also 46mm, no step ring needed.

pss. the dp1 with the 16mm for comparison. foggy morning.

Last edited:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Ya know, with all the cameras on my life, I've never looked back after moving on.
With the DP1, I can't see looking forward without one...
Unsurpassed IQ by any camera....
Nice images yer posting by the way...
Best regards... Don

pollobarca

Nice first pic Wayne , I was while working it out. Even the EVF poking up seems to be
positioned right- you leave nothing to chance!
The DP1 pic is very clear but I still prefer the GX100 shot.
The last I find the bit jutting in on the right breaks up the picture for me.

Did you trim the Ricoh Lens tube? I ground off 3mm from mine to help with the vignetting.
I think the best solution is cloning. The Nikon is certainly good accessory , I use it on the C5050z as well .

all the best

paul

smokysun

thanks, paul. no, haven't ground the tube and will probably clone. been shooting clouds all day with both cameras. i'm actually getting to where the dp1 easier to use cause of the button and mf arrangement. the gx100 does give a softer image and it is often preferable. i'll post some when i get to them in the morning. meanwhile, here's what the inside of my head looks like by the end of fire season. (of course, the gx200 would be faster in writing and has a better lcd. however, doesn't seem worth the money. maybe i'll have to save for that leica!)

best,
wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited: