The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Poetry Quotes

H

HanryKane

A poem begins as a lump in the throat, a sense of wrong, a homesickness, a lovesickness.
Poetry is what gets lost in translation.
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash.
All the arts come from God and are to be respected as divine inventions.
You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Poetry is something more philosophical and more worthy of serious attention than history.
Science is for those who learn; poetry, for those who know.
Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.
Poetry is the breath and finer spirit of all knowledge.
Science sees signs; Poetry the thing signified.

pollobarca

Wayne,
thanks, this was with my Olyc5050 and the oly fl40 flash, which is a great instrument.

Me too, I cant sleep unless I read at least 1 line. At the moment I am going through my
collection of horror thriller detective stories by Natsuo Kirino. She writes in Japanese and I find the Italian translations seem to flow better than the english ones.
all the best

paul

pollobarca

Wayne,
you've read "soft cheeks" then? Yes that book enters and takes part in my dreams. Very strange for a detective thriller. The oly was (is still) a great machine , so very forgiving producing great pictures despite the operator.
the Ricoh GX100 is not so tolerant.

all the best

paul

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Speaking of poetry,
This may not be as elegant as French or Italian or anything but American it is....

"As you go throughout your life, Brother whatever be your goal,

Keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole".

Credit to Dr. Murray Banks.......