The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sable Kitty

Lili

It is very very hard to get a good image of any black cat. Sable is very active, very black and even harder to catch.
The F200EXR at 800% DR catches her perfectly. Image has had +2/3 ev exp correction, A touch of sharpening and the WB warmed a touch in Silkypix
1/52 sec, f3.3, 28mm-e, ISO 200, DR Mode at forced 800%DR

Will

Lovely picture of a beautiful cat.
That camera has done an amazing job for you Lili but the composition is what really makes it and of course that was down to you.

Lili

Don, thank you :)
Will, thanks for that :)

It is nice to have the contrast latitude; frees one up to see rather than worry over much!

D

D upton-Hackett.

Lovely Lili.

Could just hear her Purrrrrrrring.

Derek.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I need to find a black kitty-model to shoot black on black. That would be fun I think.
-bob

pollobarca

Beautiful picture. so clear and sharp and ideal composition.
BTW are there many birds in your garden? appears so from Kitty's expression. Very serious.

Lili

Beautiful picture. so clear and sharp and ideal composition.
BTW are there many birds in your garden? appears so from Kitty's expression. Very serious.
LOL. Thanks Paul we are on the third floor but she is watching the sparrows squabble on the roof.

Lili

Lovely Lili.

Could just hear her Purrrrrrrring.

Derek.
Derek she purrs very softly, very low, one feels more than hears it. ANd thank you :)

I need to find a black kitty-model to shoot black on black. That would be fun I think.
-bob
I will try posing her on a black velvet dress I have; I would just see her eyes with most cameras tho ;)

... love her eyes.... so yellow, so sharp.
I adore her eyes and it is so seldom she leave them open when I take her picture, even though I seldom use flash. Thanks Klaus (i hope I got that right)