The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shanta

Don Ellis

Just back from a visit to England.

I took my Canon G9 as a back-up camera, but only in case the DP2 died... which it didn't, so I shot exclusively with the DP2.

Shanta is half Indian, half Welsh, tanned from the South of France, and all late-afternoon sunshine here. I was sitting on her sofa when I noticed how warm the light was on the doorway. So I broke out the camera and waited for one of the family to come by... I figured anyone would look good in that light. As it turns out, Shanta came by and leaned on the door jamb.

pollobarca

Don,
Shanta must be very happy with this picture.
The light has been caught really well and her smile is magic.
b rgds

paul

Don Ellis

Don,
Shanta must be very happy with this picture.
The light has been caught really well and her smile is magic.
b rgds
paul
Hi Paul... nice to be in touch again. I took my laptop to England with me, but WiFi is like gold where I was -- a lot of people had it but no one was sharing. Everything was locked tight... even the company I bought my England SIM card from wouldn't open theirs up for a single download to my iPhone. I connected only once, accidentally, as I sat outside the Carphone Warehouse. But I could only download mail... going on the Internet always fed me back to the Carphone Warehouse site. So much for the connected society. :)

You're right, Shanta is quite happy with this picture. Which is saying quite a bit since she's an artist and photographer herself.

Cheers,
Don

Don Ellis

lili, Wayne, Osman... thanks very much for your nice comments. It's a pleasure to be back. Although one thing I noticed immediately is that Hong Kong is a contact sport, whereas in England they do their best not to bump you. Ah, well, I'm still glad to be back. :)