The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

English Rose

Don Ellis

Every once in a while, I'm forced to take a flower photo -- by the flower itself.

With no telephoto options on the DP2, I had to ask the man if I could enter his garden and he was happy enough to oblige. The bush this rose was on had about 20 more very similar and while we chatted, he told me his secret for growing great roses: "I don't do anything... I just watch it."

Will

Beautifully taken Don.
I was quite pleased with one I took of a rose this week but now I've seen yours....

Don Ellis

Beautifully taken Don.
I was quite pleased with one I took of a rose this week but now I've seen yours....
Sorry for the late response, Will... catching up on things after nearly three weeks away. Thanks very much... we all have our moments, of course, and this was one of my better flower moments. You don't get to see the others. :)