The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

gx100 and replicating history

smokysun

paul and i have been discussing the virtues and vices of the gx100, so last eve i went out with it. the results eluded me at first. finally, this morning, i systematically went through the hundred or more presets in lightroom and found something that excited me, a 19th century look. the key to all these cameras is imagination and post-processing.

you can go thru the whole gallery here: http://www.pbase.com/wwp/rep

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

pollobarca

Wayne,
I'm speechless.... as you say its imagination and using the tools (post processing).
The second shot and the radio mast are exceptional.
I too went out this afternoon, trying to get to a field full of wild crysantheum's
that I had seen from the highway behind the supermarket. Well I didnt get to them but I did find a few others. These flowers are over 2 metres tall. I had my Manfrotto extended
fully and the camera pointing up. Now I need to apply imagination.
BTW i set the WB at Auto as I forgot the white card! from the series of pictures i chose the temperature that seems nearest to the colours I remember.The GX100 seems to have done it right . Tomorrow I'll take my Oly c5050. Hopefully the sheep I heard bahhhing will not have eaten them yet.
GX100, rawtherapee and Gimp

and this was a bit lower down

b rgds

paul

smokysun

hi paul,
these bring back the movies of my childhood - oklahoma and the wizard of oz -exhilerating. (i am a flower fiend, especially in the local university rose garden. try this one www.pbase.com/wwp/rose ) with pictures like these i'm sorry so many have deserted us for greener pastures!
wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

Lili

Wayne, love this series, vignetting gives them a dreamlike, timeless quality.
Paul, you know I've a weakness for flowers...your sunflowers are Yellow Incarnate

D

D upton-Hackett.

Not the gx100 but 200.

Taken the other day in Bournemouth lower garden, jps.

Derek.

Last edited:

pollobarca

Details are good Derek, I like your second pic, Your first i would have cropped a bit
but then thats just me.

Thanks lili, glad you like these. I've noticed these flowers by the sides of the roads or in fields that havent been treated with plant killers.
paul

Last edited: