The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

portable digital cameras

C

chadnirat

Images in this section were produced by small, portable digital cameras having small sensors. These cameras are so easy to take with you everywhere and can yield images that can be astonishingly good in quality. Small sensor cameras typically are branded as being “noisy” but careful image capture ensuring the best exposure often will give startlingly good images.

I find it amusing that so much furor is created about the “noise” in high ISO images from these cameras. I think that anyone who has worked with high ISO B&W films such as Tri-X will feel quite at home with these small wonders.

Cameras used in this section include the Ricoh GRD II and GX100, the Panasonic TZ3, TZ5 and LX3, Canon G9, and the Leica V-Lux 1 and D-Lux 2.

Note that other pages on this site also used small sensor cameras:

Leica Digilux 2: Amsterdam, Budapest, Moscow as well as some images within the Pacific Northwest section.

Nikon Coolpix 8800: London and Uganda.

NOTE: See my blog entry Serious Compacts: The Care & Feeding Of for a discussion on using cameras such as the GRD II, GX100, D-Lux 2, LX3 and Sigma DP1.

Thanks

-----------------
livre recette de cuisine