The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP1 Picture Window Pro HDR version

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Very cool :)

But as a counter point, here is my version, accomplished in CS3 with 2 layers in about 30 seconds. For this I use one simple action that we give out (and teach) in our workshops, my local contrast action. Other layer is a minor hue/sat adjustment to correct the cyan corner shift:

bbodine9

Looks like your version has a little more saturation Jack which does impart more intensity it seems. I think they are all acceptable and it depends on what software you are accomplished in. Hmmm wonder how it would look when pp with "Joey", any hints Jack.....? :)

Owen_Coors

The link below will take you to an HDR version using Picture Window Pro as edited by Den. He is pretty much considered one of the gurus of this program by Johnathan Sachs creator of Lotus 123 years ago.

Link:http://www.ncplus.net/~birchbay/BruceB/SigmaDP-1_river/index.htm
Stupid question, and a bit OT...maybe
I used to use a couple of Kodak p&s digitals (DC260 and DC290) that incorporated a "Digita" scripting feature and my favourite script of all of these was called "Denpix", which was an in camera HDR program. It would take 3 tiffs of various ev comp values and combine them into one tiff image (and delete the 3 tiffs used for making the final image). Would you happen to know if this Den person may have been responsible for the Denpix script?

Owen

bbodine9

I don't believe he did. His forte is excellence in understanding PWP, second in my opinion only to the folks who actually designed it.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Looks like your version has a little more saturation Jack which does impart more intensity it seems. I think they are all acceptable and it depends on what software you are accomplished in. Hmmm wonder how it would look when pp with "Joey", any hints Jack.....? :)
The sat could be from copying and reprocessing the web jpeg --- hard to really know what the original level was... Joey will be able to accomplish the same things easily too :)