Site Sponsors

Thread: First impressions of GR-DIII

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

First impressions of GR-DIII

Got mine on Friday after playing who's got the package with the post office.

Initial reaction, well worth upgrading to. The new layout of information on the screen is much more usable, seems better at higher ISO (can not confirm this my iMac died Saturday morning), the setting of the distance for Snap is to my way of thinking a big improvement and yet it retains all the features and pocketablity of the II.

I'm happy to see Ricoh working to refine the design rather than just adding more bells and whistles.

Once I can get the iMac fixed, the GR-DII will go on the block and I'll have some images to post.

Does anyone know of a good little case for it with a CV Min 35/28 finder on it?

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First impressions of GR-DIII

Quote Originally Posted by johnastovall View Post
    I'm happy to see Ricoh working to refine the design rather than just adding more bells and whistles.
    I also think this is great. Just a better version of what we like! It means Ricoh listen to their users!

ddk

Quote Originally Posted by johnastovall View Post

Does anyone know of a good little case for it with a CV Min 35/28 finder on it?
    Ricoh's own GC-2 works great for me.

Oxide Blu

John - be sure to check your firmware version. Ricoh tossed out a new firmware update a few weeks ago.

Enjoy your now camera. I'd like to know your impression of the auto-tracking feature when you get around to playing with it.