The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First DP2 shots

• Thread starter D upton-Hackett.
  • Start date
D

D upton-Hackett.

Well folks I'm here to be shot at so go for it.
Doesn't matter good or bad all comments welcome.

Enjoy:salute:

Derek.

Last edited:

otumay

Thank you, Derek. Although some shots were made under adverse lighting conditions, colours still show the DP's breed. Look forward to more.
Osman

pollobarca

Derek,
Swans pic is very nice, as is the last one of the trees.
I would work on the pictures with some PP to get them to have a bit more punch.

b rgds

paul

Tim

Derek, I like the one with the little blue speed boats. Great repetitive lines, I'd move the camera down and crop out the horizon all together and show just the blue boats and the dock.

Enjoy your DP2.

Tim

Terry

Enjoy it. I've just diconnected all my tech for a move so can only see on the iPhone. Glad you finally have the camera. Off the little thumbnails I like the blue boats.

hilld

If you don't mind being "shot at" with plaudits, I'd like to say what a splendid lot of firsts you have come up with. You should be well pleased with your new DP2, since you have become yet other owner to show what a terrific camera this is.

(Of course, I'm hopelessly biassed, being the delighted owner of 1 & 2)

D

D upton-Hackett.

Thanks to all.
Your thoughts give me inspiration to really enjoy this super little camera, ok it may seem to moan and grown like it's owner getting on a bit, but it does just what it says on the tin with a little thought gives you belting photos.

Using Spp to convert raw to Jpeg but cannot see where it allows you to crop looks as if i shall do this in elements 6.

Thanks again to all.

Derek.

Lili

Nice Start Derek.
I esp like all the Sailboats on the Barge; it that how they pass the winter then?

hilld

I see your pix are drawing some more plaudits on Flickr. I was also interested to note your 'nom de guerre', since Seaton Carew had the closest beach to us when I was growing up (questionable) in nearby West Hartlepool several centuries ago (or so it now seems).

D

D upton-Hackett.

Lili.
Thank you.

Those little hire boats have been parked for the winter, on a good warm sunny winters day you may well be able to hire them. Do you fancy an hour on the water with bottle of champagne and a warm rug Ooo!;);).

Derek.

D

D upton-Hackett.

I see your pix are drawing some more plaudits on Flickr. I was also interested to note your 'nom de guerre', since Seaton Carew had the closest beach to us when I was growing up (questionable) in nearby West Hartlepool several centuries ago (or so it now seems).
hilld
Never realised my 'nom de guerre' was an actual place it was purely accidental pinched name from a novel, just thought it sounded nice.

Derek

Ps nice to see action on Flickr don't usually get many views or comments.