The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

return to the nursery

smokysun

the detail has to be there to pull out! yes, nik does it. i suppose other apps might. any suggestions? i haven't found any so far, though i've tried everything. that said, the detail not the point. does it add? hdr can do a lot but i don't like the result. if there's no mystery beyond the detail, i'll give it up.
best, wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. interesting to see how color changes things.

Last edited:
D

ddk

the detail has to be there to pull out! yes, nik does it. i suppose other apps might. any suggestions? i haven't found any so far, though i've tried everything.
Don't know, didn't look at anything else when years after owning them I haven't used 90% of their filters yet, and the few that I use, I really like.

that said, the detail not the point. does it add? hdr can do a lot but i don't like the result. if there's no mystery beyond the detail, i'll give it up.
best, wayne
ps. interesting to see how color changes things.
Can't answer that one for you Wayne, but personally, I have a problem when non-essential elements get in the way or even worse become the focus point instead of the image as a whole. This doesn't mean that I'm a purist just that I want to see the image first before being impressed by the lens, camera or darkroom work...

smokysun

yes, i have to agree on the last. it's always a borderline matter. people these days can do incredible manipulations (and lots of bad ones), and with the new cameras, people can also simply click the shutter and get a beautiful picture.

we do tend to be a lot more critical than non-photographers, as we see technical details in a way most people don't. and photographers, like any other creators, tend to have set ideas about what they want and like. we'd like the respect of our colleagues, however in the great scheme of things they tend to be few and far between, while the mass audience.... you have to go your own way and hope it's appreciated.

anyway, points well-taken.

best, wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

smokysun

Last edited: