The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Little Grey Cat

Lili

He was 2 months old when he came to our doorstep, feisty, playyful and loving.
Also, his left eye was terribly injured.
We took him in, the Vet did their best but he lost the eye.
Through all he has been a cheerful, wonderful kitty.
He now sleeps in my lap, plays hard and terrorizes the others, and we are glad to to have him.

S6000fd (the best kitty camera, super quiet in start-up and operation)
^_^

Lili

Thanks Per, he is and will be showered with lovin and pettin's and all the good things kitties adore :)

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Ahhhh Lili,
He looks like trouble to me. Bet he knows how to get your sympathies......
But alas...I have a thing for cats......

your gonna give the m4/3rds crowd a run for the money with photos like that...
Don

Lisa

Great photo of a very handsome-looking cat! And I can appreciate how tough it is to get a good photo of young cats on the rare occasions they're not moving too fast...

One of my parents' cats lost an eye partway through life due to cancer, but it never seemed to affect him one bit.

(I'm a sucker for cat photos, and greatly appreciate people who help cats in need. I adopted two from a rescue group a few months ago, and would post a photo or two here, except that they're all with my DSLR instead of my Fujifilm F200EXR, since the former focusses faster and is lower noise for those indoor shots.)

Lisa

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Lisa,
Post the photos....who cares and besides....
Compared to my 8 x 10 Deardorff, your DSLR is a small sensor....
shooter

Robert Campbell

I'm another sucker for cats.
Once we had three and no mice.
Now we have no cats...but...
and we didn't have much of a problem with the american grey tree rat with good PR squirrels...but now...

Last edited:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Robt,
I got a cat for my family, well for me and the Mrs.
Anyway, I wanted a cat so I could keep the squirrels at bay and away from the garden....so, this cat thinks she's a squirrel....they play like friends and I mean close play with no one being scared...then she climbs the trees and sleeps in the squirrels nest.....
go figure.....

"a disappointed".. shooter....!

Robert Campbell

Years ago the greys were quite friendly...at least with herself -- I have a snap somewhere with one on her shoulder...when we were out for a walk with the dog, cat and bird. This squirrel had no fear of any of them.

Lili

Don, thanks, he has the LOUDEST purr of any cat I have met. As to you kitty playing squirrel, cats do what they want, don't they?
Lisa, thanks :)
Robert I've a friend that has been adopted by squirrels
MHC, thanks awfully

pollobarca

Lili, lovely pic- as a cat person myself i enjoy your cat pics.
a cats view:
Excerpts from a Cat's Daily Diary:
Day 683 of my captivity.
My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.
They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.
The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the floor.
Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet.
I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.
Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow - but at the top of the stairs.
I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.
The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.
The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe.... for now.

Lili, lovely pic- as a cat person myself i enjoy your cat pics.
a cats view:
Excerpts from a Cat's Daily Diary:
Day 683 of my captivity.
My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.
They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.
The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the floor.
Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet.
I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.
Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow - but at the top of the stairs.
I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.
The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.
The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe.... for now.
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::ROTFL:

D

D upton-Hackett.

Lili,
Lets face it you are just a BIG softy and he sensed that when he came to your door.
Like most here i love cats they are capable of giving lots of love back with the occasional scratch. Enjoy.

Lisa

Lisa,
Post the photos....who cares and besides....
Compared to my 8 x 10 Deardorff, your DSLR is a small sensor....
shooter
Just for you, Streetshooter, two pictures of my girls. They are part-Siamese from the same litter, and had spent over a year in a string of foster homes with a rescue group before I adopted them a few months ago. Rescue groups can have some truly wonderful cats!
Brigit:

Freya:

Lisa

Lili

Thanks Will

Sable Kitty, adopted also as a stray kitten, now she is very having small Black Leopard that loves petting and take Horseflys on the wing with 6' vertical leaps...:eek:
DSLR-K100D