The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The new thread for images from old cameras

otumay

E20 sensor was 8.8 x 6.6 mm = 58.08 sq mm. 4/3 sensor is 17.4 x 13.1 mm = 227 sq mm. So the E20 sensor was just under 1/4 the size of 4/3. I had an E20, enjoyed it a lot and eventually traded in for an E1.

It might be the biggest camera ever relative to the sensor size! But that that was how things were only 8 years ago.

Great picture by the way...

Peter Jordan
Thank you, Peter, that is most cherished information for me, as the E-20 was my first digital camera.
Osman

bensonga

As good as the phographer taking them...at least for web posting. Nice work folks.

Even so, I like to have my hi-res gear for big prints.

Here's one of my personal favorites, taken in Rhyolite, Nevada with a 4 megapixel Canon G2 in 2003.

Gary

smokysun

ah, nice pic. the fact of the matter is: most of us will never make big prints and that the web our main outlet. and even 3 mgs can be blown up quite large with the new software.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

otumay

Gary, what a nice capture!
Wayne, indeed it is painful the way you say it, but somehow I feel elated when I use my two sweethearts, M8 and DP1. I wish I had them all the way:))
Osman

pjphoto59

Thank you, Peter, that is most cherished information for me, as the E-20 was my first digital camera.
Osman
It seemed a fantastic camera at the time, but when it came to detailed comparison, the C5050 I had at the time was almost as good.

Anyway here is one from the E20...

Peter

pjphoto59

Otumay,

After an E1 E300 and E500 I now have an E410 an E620 and a GX200. They seem great now but I wonder what they will look like in 8 years time?

Meanwhile, just to show why that E20 seemed so good, here is one from my first digital camera a Kodak DC210. This taken 1 September 1999 whilst on a business trip to Portland Oregon...

Peter

otumay

Otumay,

After an E1 E300 and E500 I now have an E410 an E620 and a GX200. They seem great now but I wonder what they will look like in 8 years time?

Meanwhile, just to show why that E20 seemed so good, here is one from my first digital camera a Kodak DC210. This taken 1 September 1999 whilst on a business trip to Portland Oregon...

Peter
What a nice photo! I was just writing to a friend who is also a member of this forum that we share undying enthusiasm for our retired Kodak SLR/n cameras, the first ever full frame F-mount camera with a whopping 14 megapixels. When I look back at those photos, I see nothing missing in them. You may color me sentimental:)
Osman

Lars

Grand Tetons: Ricoh RDC1, 1998.
Macchu Picchu: Canon A5, 1998.

Ricoh RDC1 was my first digital camera. It it entered the market in 1995, featured 480x768 pixels and listed for $2495. It used Minox-style form factor and had a separate, detachable display. I got mine second hand in 1998 for about $300, I believe. Some info here:

http://www.dycam.com/rdc1.html

Canon A5 was Canon's first consumer compact, 800x600 pixels, released in 1998. I think I paid about $375 new?

Lili

Lovely images all of you!
here are some from my first decent digicam; Fuji S5200

The lens on this was very good indeed, esp at the tele end

not bad at 38mm-e either

D

Devon Shaw

Love the bridge shot Will.

First digital camera,
Fuji Finepix V10

otumay

First digital camera? It seems digital technology has not traveled very far all these years. Beautiful capture and rendition.
Osman