The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

No love from the S90?

Lars

Beautiful Arne! Could you add line breaks between the images? My browser lines them up sideways.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Arne, lovely as always.

On the matter of the grip: it makes no difference to the ergonomic of actually taking an image, but all the rest of the time (walking, holding, putting in and taking out of a pocket, etc.) makes an incalculable difference. And the grip I recommended is CNC-machined from a block of solid aluminium, and weights practically nothing (it's only a few millimetres thick). hth, kl

Arne Hvaring

Arne, lovely as always.

On the matter of the grip: it makes no difference to the ergonomic of actually taking an image, but all the rest of the time (walking, holding, putting in and taking out of a pocket, etc.) makes an incalculable difference. And the grip I recommended is CNC-machined from a block of solid aluminium, and weights practically nothing (it's only a few millimetres thick). hth, kl
Thanks Kit. Re the grip: it would be interesting to see what it looks like, could you please post a snap (or a link)?

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Yes, I know the aesthetics of a camera body don't impact IQ much :))), but I feel the little grip is one of the loveliest bits of design I have seen in a while. cheers, kl

episa

S90: a great little compact with good image quality

I am a Nikon DSLR guy using Leica and Zeiss ZF lenses for optimal image quality, but I did not hesitate to get a Canon S90 to benefit of the best quality available in a small pocket shirt compact priced below $1000 (I exclude automatically the Leica X1 due to its outragious price point even if qualitywise it is one notch higher).

The S90 over exposes by2/3 EV during the day and exposes perfectly at night. Using the exposure compensation rear wheel is easy and fixes the issue.
Minor minuses are: exposure compensation wheel can be accidentally turned too easily. The lens is soft at f/2.0 in the corners.

http://bighugelabs.com/onblack.php?id=4223114830&size=large

First photo: ISO 80, f/8
2nd photo: ISO 80, f/2.0