The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Underwater Camera

Mitchell

I have a dream: I'm suspended weightless in warm clear water, the hot sun beats on my back. This winter I'm determined to actually live it.

I want a camera for snorkkling, not diving. Something simple. Point and shoot. preferably with manual operation. I already have a Ricoh Gr, but I don't think there's an underwater case for it.

I've heard that Fuji Fine Pixs are good for underwater because they have big pixels for low light.

Any opinions, experience, suggestions.

Thanks,

Mitchell

monza

I have used both Sony and Canon point and shoots for snorkeling, I had more luck shooting video than stills, however. It was difficult to see the LCD for framing. Both had underwater housings.

m3photo

I want a camera for snorkkling, not diving. Something simple. Point and shoot. preferably with manual operation.
If I may be so bold:
I've just bought some new gear and have decided so sell my Canon G9 and its underwater housing. I'm in Europe.