Site Sponsors

Thread: GXR B&W question.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

GXR B&W question.

Can the new GXR generate a Raw + B&W jpeg at the same time and also is the B&W able to be viewed in the EVF while shooting? Some of the B&W I have seen so far have been very good photos to my eyes. Also is the user manual available online anywhere? Thanks!

wbrandsma

Re: GXR B&W question.

Yes, the GXR can generate both. In fact, like any Ricoh cameras you can't shoot only RAW. And when you select B&W jpeg you get a B&W view through the EVF and/or LCD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Wouter! Any further opinions on the low light capability of the A12 module including AF accuracy? Is manual focusing a reality with this lens or do you think it would be too slow in real world conditions with family photos etc?

wbrandsma

As long as some contrast is available the AF will be accurate. Manual focusing works really well and you can magnify your view for more precise focusing. In real world situations I would say it will work for anything from 1.5 meter and further away. Since there is no focus limiter for this lens you keep twisting the front barrel to focus for nearby subjects.

Fact is that the A12 is a macro lens and I personally don't think it is usable lens for normal conditions or the family stuff. A good fast 40mm lens would have been better, but the A12 is pretty much designed for Ricoh's domestic market where they love macro.