The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

At the end of the day.

O

Oxide Blu

I'm afraid to click on that list picture, there -- what is it?

pollobarca

Derek,
lovely stuff, the second pic is marvellous. you concentrated on the sky and it works.
The last one , large size looks like a 3 fisted person clawing a way out of the sand! The shadow does it.

paul

D

D upton-Hackett.

I'm afraid to click on that list picture, there -- what is it?
Thanks they are just shells what kind of creature lived in them no idea, there where hundreds of them.

Disturbingly they look like fingers.

Last edited:
D

D upton-Hackett.

outmay My DP2 with very little pp in sigma pro because I'm no good doing that.

Will, thank you for your comment.

paul, always nice to receive encouraging comments.

S

sphexx

I think you are all in the right area picking up on the fornicating. They are sequential hermaphrodites living in a stack [imagine spoons stacked] where the largest & oldest are female and the smaller ones at the other end of the stack are male. As the older females die and drop off, the younger males change sex to replace them.
So many animals [and even some plants] are much more inventive than humans :) Sorry if this is more information than you wish to know :(

s.agar

Getting old, time to change, but wife still alive!

I don't think I would like that anyway.

Quote from sphexx: "So many animals [and even some plants] are much more inventive than humans "

otumay

Ho ho ho, this thread is becoming more and more interesting! But, truly Richard, the life style of Crepidula Fornicata apparently is the most inventive of any living organism I've come across. Thank you for this very, very interesting information.
And you, Seyhun, what you wrote is food for blackmail...
Cheers,
Osman

D

D upton-Hackett.

And to think it all started with 4 pictures, it is amazing what fonts of knowledge are available on this forum.

Derek.