Site Sponsors

Thread: Remote Centeral India.

Post Thanks / Like

Remote Centeral India.

I recently toured some construction sites in a remote area of central India. Deciding to travel light I left my DSRL at home so these photos were taken with Fuji F20 point and shoot. I'll be adding more photos to this thread later.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Remote Centeral India.

What a nice collection of pictures! Congratulations! Could you please tell us where those shots were taken?
    Please post more...
    Regards, Osman

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

A very nice series, I prefer the B&W ones the most, with the first being my favourite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    What a nice collection of pictures! Congratulations! Could you please tell us where those shots were taken?
    Please post more...
    Regards, Osman
    The area I toured was in the very geographical center of India about a 3 hour drive from Jabalpur. I also spent a few days on the outskirts of Bhopal. These attached photos are of the local brick works that are setup right on the building sites. The bricks are pressed in a mold then sun dried then formed into large beehive shapes with a coal fire build in the center to finish the drying.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

These are fascinating! Thanks for posting them. And holy cow, the woman on the left is about to add 2 more bricks to the stack on her head which will make it an even dozen bricks! Aside from the sheer weight of all those bricks, the balance is amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the way they stack those bricks with clusters of three sticking out as foot holds. I wonder if that is how it used to be done in England before the advent of brick factories?

Wonderful pictures, I think my favorite is the kiln though they are all very good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    These are fascinating! Thanks for posting them. And holy cow, the woman on the left is about to add 2 more bricks to the stack on her head which will make it an even dozen bricks! Aside from the sheer weight of all those bricks, the balance is amazing.
    Yes and they all wear saris, jewelry, and sandals and carry the loads with dignity amongst the mess of construction trash.

tm

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another of a construction crew.

tm

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

tmessenger: This Series is DIVINE
    My Favorite:The blk & white shot just posted 'Construction Crew'.......Lovely
    cheers! helen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by helenhill View Post
    tmessenger: This Series is DIVINE
    My Favorite:The blk & white shot just posted 'Construction Crew'.......Lovely
    cheers! helen
    Thanks all for the encouragement, it was a mistake taking the p&s, I have an oly 410 and I would have had much more control and better images with that camera, oh well next time. I have a series of street scenes that I'll post in another thread.

Tim