The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Remote Centeral India.

I recently toured some construction sites in a remote area of central India. Deciding to travel light I left my DSRL at home so these photos were taken with Fuji F20 point and shoot. I'll be adding more photos to this thread later.

Tim

otumay

What a nice collection of pictures! Congratulations! Could you please tell us where those shots were taken?
Please post more...
Regards, Osman

What a nice collection of pictures! Congratulations! Could you please tell us where those shots were taken?
Please post more...
Regards, Osman
The area I toured was in the very geographical center of India about a 3 hour drive from Jabalpur. I also spent a few days on the outskirts of Bhopal. These attached photos are of the local brick works that are setup right on the building sites. The bricks are pressed in a mold then sun dried then formed into large beehive shapes with a coal fire build in the center to finish the drying.

Tim

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
These are fascinating! Thanks for posting them. And holy cow, the woman on the left is about to add 2 more bricks to the stack on her head which will make it an even dozen bricks! Aside from the sheer weight of all those bricks, the balance is amazing.

Will

I love the way they stack those bricks with clusters of three sticking out as foot holds. I wonder if that is how it used to be done in England before the advent of brick factories?

Wonderful pictures, I think my favorite is the kiln though they are all very good.

These are fascinating! Thanks for posting them. And holy cow, the woman on the left is about to add 2 more bricks to the stack on her head which will make it an even dozen bricks! Aside from the sheer weight of all those bricks, the balance is amazing.
Yes and they all wear saris, jewelry, and sandals and carry the loads with dignity amongst the mess of construction trash.

tm

helenhill

tmessenger: This Series is DIVINE
My Favorite:The blk & white shot just posted 'Construction Crew'.......Lovely
cheers! helen :clap:

tmessenger: This Series is DIVINE
My Favorite:The blk & white shot just posted 'Construction Crew'.......Lovely
cheers! helen :clap:
Thanks all for the encouragement, it was a mistake taking the p&s, I have an oly 410 and I would have had much more control and better images with that camera, oh well next time. I have a series of street scenes that I'll post in another thread.

Tim