The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ah, if only i'd been thinking

smokysun

or more time for photography

Outside England 's Bristol Zoo there is a parking lot for 150 cars and 8 buses. For 25 years, its parking fees were managed by a very pleasant attendant.. The fees were 1 for cars ($1.40), 5 for buses (about $7).

Then, one day, after 25 solid years of never missing a day of work, he just didn't show up; so the Zoo Management called the City Council and asked it to send them another parking agent.

The Council did some research and replied that the parking lot was the Zoo's own responsibility to hire a replacement.
The Zoo advised the Council that the attendant was a City employee , had never been on the Zoo's payroll ....

The City Council responded that the lot attendant had never been on the City payroll.

Meanwhile, sitting in his villa somewhere on the coast of Spain, France, or Italy, is a man who had apparently had a ticket machine installed completely on his own and then had simply begun to show up everyday, commencing to collect and keep the parking fees, estimated at about $560 per day--for 25 years.

Assuming 7 days a week, this amounts to just over $7 million dollars ....... and no one even knows his name.

D

D upton-Hackett.

Quote"I don't believe it" unquote.

That industrious nice man has had some of my cash, good luck to him i hope he enjoys his hard earned gains and more fool the authorities, he won't be traced and must be wearing the biggest grin ever.

wayne how did you come to here this gem. not made the news over here, strange.

retow

What a brilliant story::D.
He must have been a consultant in his previous life, since he showed up without having been called and achieved to sell something to many for which there was no real demand.

pollobarca

Wayne,
when AIDS was just becoming a worry and all the airports were covered in brochures telling you where and how to catch it I went to Naples.
Arrived in the airport- no aids brochures , no publicity, which I found very strange after going through airports throughout europe and Italy and finding a huge awareness campaign in progress.
Instead in Naples I was approached by a gorgeous girl ,with long dark hair, who offered me a brochure about aids and requested 10000 lire as a contribution for research etc......
Naples is full of this sort of thing.