Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Thank you ALL for the help! New cam coming soon. :-)

  1. #1
    Senior Member Joan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    477
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8

    Thank you ALL for the help! New cam coming soon. :-)

    I really appreciate the wonderful input from everyone on my previous thread about choosing a new camera.
    MUCHAS GRACIAS!!

    I am very excited to tell you that a "new" (to me) Digilux 2 will be in my possession very soon. Got a fantastic price on one that has a new sensor, which will also allow me to keep my E410 body and my 35mm lens. Only have to sell off a little bit of my other gear, and I'll be solvent once again, YAY!!

    Best of both worlds and a lot of fun to come. Will post some shots as soon as I get acquainted with it.

    Best regards,
    Joan

  2. #2
    Senior Member Per Ofverbeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    503
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5

    Re: Thank you ALL for the help! New cam coming soon. :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post
    I really appreciate the wonderful input from everyone on my previous thread about choosing a new camera.
    MUCHAS GRACIAS!!

    I am very excited to tell you that a "new" (to me) Digilux 2 will be in my possession very soon. Got a fantastic price on one that has a new sensor, which will also allow me to keep my E410 body and my 35mm lens. Only have to sell off a little bit of my other gear, and I'll be solvent once again, YAY!!

    Best of both worlds and a lot of fun to come. Will post some shots as soon as I get acquainted with it.

    Best regards,
    Joan
    LOVELY! Best of luck, and looking forward to see the results!

    Warmest greetings,

    Per

  3. #3
    Subscriber Member mwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    74

    Re: Thank you ALL for the help! New cam coming soon. :-)

    Joan, its a great little camera, the lens kicks ..enjoy
    Mike

    website under construction

  4. #4
    Senior Member Joan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    477
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8

    Re: Thank you ALL for the help! New cam coming soon. :-)

    Thanks guys! I'm happy that I finally made up my dizzy mind. I suspect in a couple of years I'll also be buying a used GRD2, the other top contender on my list. :-) The analog controls and beautiful lens of the D2 will be such a treat, I am PSYCHED!

  5. #5
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Thank you ALL for the help! New cam coming soon. :-)

    Joan,
    Congratulations!!!
    I researched this camera a while back and it does indeed look sweet.
    I am glad you get to keep your Oly too, it would be shame to part with it after having done some really nice work

  6. #6
    Senior Member Joan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    477
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8

    Re: Thank you ALL for the help! New cam coming soon. :-)

    Thanks, Lili. Yep, in the end I couldn't part with the little Oly, it has it's own very strong points and I am holding out hope for the 25 pancake as well as the consumer grade WA zoom that's supposed to come out later in the year.

    Do you think you'll go for the E420?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,627
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Thank you ALL for the help! New cam coming soon. :-)

    congratulations, joan,
    no question in my mind you made the right choice. it's not small, but definitely one of a kind, both in use and the pictures. this is one of my favorite galleries, all hand-held: www.pbase.com/wwp/photoshoot
    wayne
    Last edited by smokysun; 15th April 2008 at 16:55.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Joan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    477
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8

    Re: Thank you ALL for the help! New cam coming soon. :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by smokysun View Post
    congratulations, joan,
    no question in my mind you made the right choice. it's not small, but definitely one of a kind, both in use and the pictures. this is one of my favorite galleries, all hand-held: www.pbase.com/wwp/photoshoot
    wayne
    Thanks, Wayne. That is an awesome gallery, all at ISO 100 and hand held, wow! I am itching to get this camera in my hands!

  9. #9
    Senior Member helenhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    Re: Thank you ALL for the help! New cam coming soon. :-)

    What a blast ! Great Choice ......
    I have taken some of my favorite photos with the Digilux 2
    hopefully your buying from Tony at POPFLASH
    As Terry had previously noted he had four at a fantastic price / new sensor & refurbished with a one year leica warranty
    Post some pixs soooon! Cheers - helen

  10. #10
    Senior Member Joan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    477
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8

    Re: Thank you ALL for the help! New cam coming soon. :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by helenhill View Post
    What a blast ! Great Choice ......
    I have taken some of my favorite photos with the Digilux 2
    hopefully your buying from Tony at POPFLASH
    As Terry had previously noted he had four at a fantastic price / new sensor & refurbished with a one year leica warranty
    Post some pixs soooon! Cheers - helen
    Hi Helen.
    Actually I had planned to buy from Popflash, but another deal came my way that was financially even better for me. Only thing is, so far I don't know exactly when I'm going to have it!
    Getting a bit antsy ...

    Thanks, I will post as soon as I can get my mitts on the little jewel!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •