The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

RICOH GR DIGITAL II 1:1

ShiroKuro

Trying out the 1:1 format setting .... I'm liking it .
An interesting way to compose a photograph ...I like seeing in square :)

cam

excellent compositions! i particularly like Whichbikini and Sandswimming. bravo for playing around with the square format. i see so many that don't quite work -- i'm guilty as i just haven't dedicated myself to experimenting enough. i think i have done it successfully only once and that was on the strength of the woman i shot more than the comp. you clearly have the eye!

T

The End Of Print

nice shots.
did you add the vignetting in photoshop or did the images turn out like that?

helenhill

Trying out the 1:1 format setting .... I'm liking it .
An interesting way to compose a photograph ...I like seeing in square :)]
Cool Charlie
You have now challenged me
to pick up my grd2
and be & see a square........ Lovely Cheers - H

ShiroKuro

Yes it is challenge ...see square and shoot square .... lol ..
look forward to seeing some 1:1 from the rest of you .....and as always thanks for your kind words ; )

Yeah I add the vignetting .. looks like a holga shot without buying the Holga ...
I enjoy photoshopping my Digital images ..

Does anyone else see the sleeping teddy bear in the mountain shot or is it just me ???

Aloha ,

Charley

C

Chuck A

Very nice shots. I love 1:1 and have really missed it since my TLR broke. I love the fact that the GRDII does RAW 1:1. I am hoping that a new GX200 will come along and do this as well.

ShiroKuro

Nostatic feel free to pick one out I can use all the help I can get ...they all look the same to me and to answer the question "which one"leaves me at a loss for words ... in fact I could take a picture of her in said Bikini if you would like LOL....; )

cam

mrs. robinson

Yes it is challenge ...see square and shoot square .... lol ..
look forward to seeing some 1:1 from the rest of you .....
this is probably my only really good one (sorry for the quality -- downsized from flickr where it was optimised for 800 as the original was lost in a hard disk crash). shooting 1:1 on the street is very difficult, but i think i just need to try a little harder...

Photon-hunter

Charley, been following your threads for a while. You have an interesting "vision", but that last shot really made me laugh!!

Cheers.

A

asabet

Great photos Charley. Especially like Sandswimming and Teddybearmountain.

Cam, love yours as well!

I haven't shot much in square format. Probably would have if the GX100 had supported square in RAW. Here's one that I cropped to square. Yes, I know that's cheating!

cam

footsies

shot yesterday, composed square but shot full frame as i had no time to change if i wanted to get it. whilst full frame was surprisingly good, i prefer the crop i saw in my head: