The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-420, DP1, R1 size comparison...

Joan

... (snip)

Kind Regards

Brian
Don't mean to butt into your discussion here, Brian and Cam, but I just have to say that I LOVE this shot! (Was also going to say it's the best colors I've seen from the DP1 yet, then checked and found it was the E3. Dang, Oly colors just can't be beat!)

Nice work as always, Brian.

Regards,
Joan

Lili

Where did you learn to climb?

I was born within a bus ride/hike of the mecca of rock climbing, by the way ;)

Just realised... I haven't got any decent shots of Stanage Edge online - I'll have to pop out this afternoon ;)

Kind Regards

Brian
Brian, I too like the Cattle shot.
DP-1 or E420?

Brian Mosley

Hi Lili, Joan - thanks for your kind comments... Joan's right - that was with the E-3.

These are with the E-420 this afternoon...

Kind Regards

Brian

M

micampe

This thread has derailed quite a bit :)
Another climber here! (but I'm not doing it since way too much time :( )
Here is a very old shot from up a rock around here (Trieste, north-eastern Italy)

N

nei1

Brian,Im going to put an "if" in here which I know isnt fair but; If the 420 also had a fixed 28mm lens which of the two (dp1 or 420)would you keep? Thanks,and sorry,I know its not a fair question,all the best,Neil.

cam

rocks = heaven!

sigh.

thank you. i get excited by even tiny boulders.

and, michele, oh my! the sea *and* rocks. my two loves married. something i dreamed about but never got to do...

Brian Mosley

Hi Neil,

I personally think that a wide prime lens will follow the well received 25mm (50mm EFL) pancake... so it's a good question.

I think it's more of a priority question... I'd buy the E-420 *first* as my main DLSR, and *then* add the DP1 for the specific niche it occupies - a pocket wideangle with superb sharpness.

Hope that makes sense, the DP1 is expensive niche niche niche... whereas the E-420 will serve you in many more situations.

Kind Regards

Brian

M

micampe

Beautiful shot Michele - and I certainly don't mind the conversation! is that a scanned film shot?
Thanks Brian. No, that's a shot from my 2MP Canon IXUS v2/S200.

It was a decent little camera when I bought it (and I paid for it almost twice as my LX2!), but I think the sensor has worn out pretty bad.