The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

And now for something completely different - Casio FH100

T

tokengirl

First up a picture from my office in the High Speed Lighting best shot mode. So, normally I would chose to expose for the interior or the exterior. I am not sure how many shots the camera actually took (a bunch) and put them all together.

Very interesting. It's like in-camera HDR without the freakish colors and weird artifacts. This could actually be useful in my day job.

fordfanjpn

Bill - LOL my iPad comes next week. Had to have something this week.
I thought about having someone pick one up for me in the US and send it over, but I decided to wait for the release in Japan. But now that I think about it, I'm surprised that I'm showing such restraint! :eek:

Bill

Terry

Martin,
I'm keeping the camera. It does enough things differently that I like and think is really cool. It is not what I would consider a peer of the G10/LX3.
I am going to use it some more this weekend and will post some more shots and give more info. Work got in the way this week.
A friend of mine is a golf pro and they are all salivating over the camera for swing analysis. There was camera like this last year at a much higher price level and bulkier.

Last edited:

Martin S

Thanks Terry!!!

I was considering the Fuji HS-10 (whenever it arrives???), but now the Casio may be more useful due to the special modes. That office scene is amazing. Again, I have shots like that, but they required a lot of pp, and the results were not nearly as good.

Since the RAW mode sounds like an after thought by Casio, are the JPEG images adequate?? Believe it, or not a lot of ps cameras have small, and slow buffers so they take a long time to write a RAW image. I would have thought that the speed of this camera, with multiple image capture would have included a large, fast buffer.

Looking forward to seeing more images from you.

Also, keep us appraised about ur Ipad experiences!!

Martin

Terry

Martin,
What I will do over the weekend is put together a video of the camera in action. This way you can see the how the different modes work. The file on the office shot was good. Probably a bit of CA I find in different places but you are right that the office shot would normally be a PITA. I also thought that mode worked really well for the outdoor scene with the swing.
I am happy to send you some jpeg/raw files. Just send me a PM and I will send you a link to them (won't be able to do that until tonight).

Terry

Bill,
I really didn't get a chance to shoot with it over the weekend. I had some work being done on my apartment and didn't get out to shoot.

fordfanjpn

Bill,
I really didn't get a chance to shoot with it over the weekend. I had some work being done on my apartment and didn't get out to shoot.
Hi Terry,

Mine just arrived, but it's time for bed, so I'll charge up the battery and see what I can do with it tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Bill

sonomichele

Does anyone know how the Casio differs from the others with the (same? similar?) sensor like the Sony HX5 or the Ricoh CX3. At least I think they all use the same sensor.
Inquiring minds (at least one) want to know!

C

cemtur

Hi,
I've got my FH100 few days ago and found something bizarre and annoying. If I describe the problem can you please check with yours if it is the same? Otherwise I have to return it for replacement.
At first, all camera functions work and no bell ringing fault.
When camera is used in low light condition (in door, home) on Auto mode, with Flash is on, with AntiShake is on, ISO is auto, camera persistently choose shutter speeds between 1/15 and 1/40. And most of the time it's 1/15 or 1/20. If I point camera to a lamp then it may choose 1/40. Then most of these photos come out with ghosting effects especially on kids. Subject must be stand still to be able to get a clear picture on 1/15 sec.
When there is enough light (i.e day time) then shutter speed is relatively high.
The most annoying case is, camera chooses 1/15 even if I increase flash intensity to +2, and even if I zoom in to the subject. I figured that also AS cannot cope with 150mm zoom at 1/15. How come Auto mode cannot decide to take higher shutter speeds in zoom or with additional flash power?
To be able to get sharp pictures with Flash at home, I had to use Shutter speed priority mode, and set it to 1/50 (or more if I'm using the zoom) then it perfectly captures clean and sharp pictures. But I want to get at least 1/50 in Auto mode too.
Is something wrong with my camera or is this a generic behaviour of all FH100s?
Best regars,
Cem

Martin S

Terry:

Still have your FH-100????

U mentioned that u sold a lot of equipment, and I wonder if you kept the Casio???

Martin