Site Sponsors

Thread: iPhone for sketching

Post Thanks / Like

iPhone for sketching

Florida in March is a paradise for photography. I have the luxury of being able to study the light every day and find locations that have great potential . The Juno Beach Pier is less than a mile from my house and has endless opportunities for people,seascape and action images . Fishing,surfing,kiteboarding all aided by the large manmade pier and lots of money put into shaping the beach with new sand.

The hour before sunset can be rich in light ..depends on the clouds over the Everglades(West) as its the last 30 minutes . The cloud formation over the ocean(EAST) provides variety.

I saw the clouds and didn have any of my gear so I decided to try my iPhone as an artist uses a sketch pad ..for future reference . I was surprised by the result . Not a finished product but you can see how light and color trump the lower image quality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: iPhone for sketching

Roger, this is remarkable. A few years back and you would not expect this even from a camera! Wow!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I use my iPhone all the time. If you have the right model you also have all of your photos geotagged for future reference.

Post Thanks / Like

That's the one thing I wish they had put in the Touch (and I understand that the 'works' are in there but they didn't get it implemented in time for 'roll out')--and then I could have used that app posted about the other day (not that I could do geotagging LOL).

Diane