Site Sponsors

Thread: Dashboard

Post Thanks / Like

Dashboard

I often whip out the iPhone and take a snapshot of the taxi driver's registration in case I should need it. But in the case of the biggest taxi bouquet I've seen since I've lived here, I thought I would break out the DP2... ISO100, f/4, 1/80s.

Come to think of it, the flowers completely covered his registration. (You can just see a piece of it right behind the flowers on the upper left.)

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dashboard

A close-up at ISO100, f/4, 1/80s... not perfect but not bad for a moving taxi. Just a reminder that spring is here -- and by that I mean here.

Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

DP2 shines!

Post Thanks / Like

Don, pretty good one. Funny, I īd similar idea while driving Taxi in HKG - but hadnīt such nice Flowers. And with GX200 only. My DP1s had just a short rest. Look at this:
    Last edited by busch63; 8th August 2011 at 14:21.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both... sorry for the late reply. I just got connected in Penang. I appreciate the comments -- especially on such ordinary, slice-of-life shots and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one shooting in taxis.

By the way, I brought only the DP2 to Penang, so perhaps I'll have something beyond taxis after the 17th of April.

Cheers,
    Don

D upton-Hackett.

Don.
    Await in anticipation.

tokengirl

Quote Originally Posted by Don Ellis View Post

I love this.

I used to think this Foveon thing was all just a bunch of hype, but I've been looking at a lot of photos taken with these little Sigmas (both the DP1 and DP2), and there really is something magical about they way it renders colors, particularly reds. It sorta kinda reminds me of Kodachrome but without the harsh contrast? I don't know how else to explain it.