The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP1 Returns to Vegas

DavidE

I had another trip to Vegas last week (for the Digital Cinema Summit and NAB tradeshow). Here are two DP1 shots captured at the Adventuredome at Circus Circus. I processed them in Lightroom, so don't blame the DP1 for the distortions in color.

DavidE

The two images in the previous message weren't loading unless you hit the refresh button on your browser, so I've moved them to another server. Here they are again.

Will

Wow, the detail is almost painful!

Great pictures.

I'm out in London again tomorrow so I'm hoping to let my DP1 have some fun in the sun (if there is any)

cam

fantastic, David! thank you for those excellent shots!

i was out and about with my GRDII today and had so much fun i couldn't stand it. i was getting shots willy nilly. then i let my friend (who is very well versed in cameras, both film and digital) play with my DP1 at lunch. he was kind of frustrated that his shots were blurry and mine weren't. i thought he'd be able to pick up and create magic where i'd been struggling (but i've obvious learned), but no. he said it was quite difficult. it made me feel like maybe i wasn't such a dunce after all :eek:

then he asked me if i would still buy it after knowing what i know now and seeing me obviously getting such joy to have my GRDII in my hands again. i said yes, i would, but i couldn't articulate why....

these images say it all.

DavidE

Thanks, Will and Cam! I'm really happy with the amount of detail the DP1 can capture.

Here are two more from the same day.

Last edited:

woodyspedden

The two images in the previous message weren't loading unless you hit the refresh button on your browser, so I've moved them to another server. Here they are again.

Have to say that the woman's hair looks very plastic. Not a very favorable rendition I must say

Woody

DavidE

Woody, I processed the images in Lightroom to make them sharper and a bit surreal. Seemed appropriate given the subject matter (circus theme park) and location (Las Vegas). In real life, her hair was a somewhat brighter red.

Will

The great advantage of the DP1 is that the detail is available if you choose to use it.

DavidE

Here's another shot from the Adventuredome. Same day as the others.

This was a great environment for the DP1. Even in the late afternoon, there was plenty of light streaming in through the dome.