The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-3 Black Panther...

Brian Mosley

I took this image on my recent scouting trip for our upcoming UK Photo Safari, to visit a private collection of rare big cats - with the Olympus E-3 + 50-200mm SWD lens.

Hope you like it... if there are any Olympus shooters who would like to register with our group, for future events and meetings, then please feel free to drop me a PM. If you're ever planning a visit to the UK, we'll do our best to organise a welcome for you!

In the next few months, as our group grows, we're intending to travel internationally too.

Kind Regards

Brian

helenhill

Fierce, Brian
and you call me a 'Brave Girl' for shooting demonstrations :bugeyes:
All the Best, helen

Brian Mosley

These cats were behind a wire fence, but trust me... there's a fear in humans that must be genetic - because this thing, when it pounced out of the foliage was quite unnerving :shocked:

I'm hoping we'll get some spectacular shots on Sunday...

Kind Regards

Brian

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Hey Brian,

you would not have access to the 90-250 or the 14-35 for your shootings? Curious about those lense and their performance.

Tell me, is my information about keeping exotic animals in the UK correct? Literally every Joa Saop can keep a Python or the likes as a pet, no special license needed. It is this way in Northern Ireland, and frankly, I think they lost the plot!

As for genetics, yes, it is engraved.

Greetings from Donegal
~^..^~
Bear

Brian Mosley

Hi Georg,

if it exists, we'll have access to it! we have some *very* serious photographers in our group - who are extremely generous in bringing their most exotic kit to our events...

The UK Photo Safari group events are the best place in the world to get real world hands on experience of 4/3rds kit of every description.

And not just limited to Oly ZD lenses, or currently available kit either... It was fascinating to have a play with an Olympus c-8080 recently - In some ways, I can't believe how little progress has been made in digital camera design.

I don't know about Pythons - but the paperwork and insurance requirements of keeping big cats makes this next event a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Needless to say, we're now fully booked :D

I'll post a link to the follow up report when it's ready.

Kind Regards

Brian

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
I'll be shooting golden eagles with the both lenses I mentioned soon, and I post some pics here.

I must say, I love the quality optics from ZD. I think they are excellent pieces of glas. :grin:

jonoslack

Have a great trip Brian - I'll look forwards to seeing the results.
Ho Hum - collecting boy from university Saturday, working Sunday :eek:

Might get a walk on the beach with the dogs if I'm lucky!

I love the black panther, but could the colour do with a little tweaking?

Brian Mosley

Hi Jono,

thanks, wish you could make it to be with us...

I'll take full responsibility for the colour being 'wrong' if that's what you see - I took it into LightZone to boost the colour contrast.

Come to think of it, I wonder how it would work in B&W?

Kind Regards

Brian

jonoslack

Hi Jono,

thanks, wish you could make it to be with us...

I'll take full responsibility for the colour being 'wrong' if that's what you see - I took it into LightZone to boost the colour contrast.

Come to think of it, I wonder how it would work in B&W?

Kind Regards

Brian
Ahh! That's better!
I can't quite put my finger on what's wrong - too blue? It's really difficult to tell.
Anyway, it's just fine in black and white!

One day I'll make it along - one day!