The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

the fig tree

D

D upton-Hackett.

wayne.
Just love the effect you create, unfortunately with my old elements 6 am limited. and upgrade to lightroom is beyond my budget. and SPP 4 is limited to what is does.

Well that's life.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Derek,

I think you should persevere with Elements6.

I hope you don't mind but I grabbed one of your pics and played around in my Elements6, which I assume is similar to the Windows edition.

I did these just for fun, and each version no more than 5 minutes each.
I just clicked on the Enhance and went down and only used the 'adjust lighting', 'adjust colour', and 'convert to black and white', and just mucked about with the various sliders. It's great fun, and I usually go way over the top, and my style is quite probably not to everyone's taste, but, hey.

So here's your original + 2 variations.

Like you, I'm OAP (old and potty).:)

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:
D

D upton-Hackett.

gandolfi.
Wow!:shocked: the second is my favourite, No i like them all better than mine.
will have to learn to experiment more, after all you can click the undo arrow.

Thanks for pointing the possibilities.

Derek.

smokysun

this brings up something interesting to me. i find color brings out the beauty in nature and b&w the power of nature. and sometimes simple b&w not enough. solarization a time-honored darkroom technique. these done with the nik filter. nature as benevolent vs. nature as rather scary (ie. earthquakes) and really beyond our control. though now that i look at these, it seems like the fig tree crying out in pain and anger at being deformed and warning us.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:
D

D upton-Hackett.

Nice they make the hair stand on my neck Hoo.