The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Finally My LX-2. Some photos.

Photon-hunter

Finally I went for the LX-2. It is here..!! After a day with it I can say it is a fairly easy camera to use and I have allready managed to get familiar with the interface. I can see this camera(and the 16:9) are going to be very addictive!!

I am afraid I have only had the chance to do a few bus-station, and bus-waiting pictures, last night on my way back home and this morning. All the pictures are JPEG´s straight out of the camera, no time for PP yet...

First impression is that noise reduction can be an issue, so I plan on using the lowest noise reduction whenever doing JPEG. Which brings me to my first question (more will come for sure...). Which noise reduction software would you recomend(I am running a MAC in case it makes a difference). I currently own Lightroom, Aperture, and Photoshop CS3. Will the noise reduction in any of ths programs be good enough or would you recomend getting something else?

Cheers..

Exit/Destination:No Where/Time for a fix/Macro-selfportrait/No Smoking in the bus..

Last edited:
M

micampe

Hi PH, it's great to see a fellow LX2-er around here, it seems everybody is on Ricoh :)

I like the first picture the best, it has a nice geometry and light play. Also the last one has some interesting composition, it looks almost like the moments before a crash.

Last edited:

Photon-hunter

Thanks Michele!!

I nearly ended on the Ricoh "dark side"myself :D....but I am glad I have the LX2. I have not had time for any serious photos but hey, am I having fun!!.

Hope to get some time to give the LX2 some "workout"..

Cheers!

Brian Mosley

Hi PH,

there are plenty of us LX'ers around! I still haven't worn out my LX1 yet ;)

I love the 16:9 native aspect ratio - and the Leica lens is something special. I'm eagerly looking forward to the LX3 end of this year.

Kind Regards

Brian

Photon-hunter

Brian,
true, there is something very special about this little camera...At the moment I am so much enjoying it that I couldn´t care less about the LX3.

But then, ask me about the LX3 in 3 months time....:eek:

Irenaeus

"I can see this camera(and the 16:9) are going to be very addictive!"

Yep! After reading what this forum had to say and looking again and again at Bob's lovely picture of Prague in the snow, I finally bought one! Otto sold me his on Tuesday, it arrived on Thursday (on a lovely Spring day, though I was too pressed to be able to open it up) and we woke up on Friday to 6" of snow!

It all began to melt pretty quickly once the sun was up but it was great fun while it lasted (and once the shock had worn off.)

Many thanks, Otto, Bob and y'all!

Irenaeus