The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP2 Burst Mode Discovery

Don Ellis

I'll admit to being a little slow... and maybe a little too busy to use my DP2 as much as I should. So it's not surprising that I'm not familiar with every nuance of this camera -- but I did just discover something quite useful.

I often catch Leela with her eyes closed in portraits, so I thought about using Burst mode after all these months. Push and hold the shutter button briefly and the camera takes three RAW photos in one second.

But the big discovery is that you need to press and hold briefly to take three -- if you press as you normally do, then you take only one photo. And that's what's brilliant -- I never need to take it out of Burst mode (one less thing to fiddle with). I just control the number of frames (1 or 3) by how long I press the shutter button.

Ok, here's a photo for your trouble in reading this far. Not burst mode. Cinnamon trees don't blink.

D

D upton-Hackett.

Don
Thanks for the heads up on that, it's something i wasn't aware of.

otumay

Beautiful shot and excellent tip, Don. I wonder if there is a burst mode in my measly DP1.