The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Chocolate Box

pollobarca

There was a time when we all had to avoid making "chocolate box" photos.
Although I really thought it was the biscuit tin photos that were the worst.

Well I havent seen much stuff called chocolate box lately so heres my contribution!

I am , of course, quite pleased with this one but it is a bit chocolate boxy all the same. Anyone else have any contributions?

paul

pollobarca

Thanks Don, although I should have written that this is a camelia.Sorry for the confusion.
heres a bud coming out on the same plant, could be for the back of a chocolate box?
GX100

But what happened to chocolate box put downs for photos? One time virtually every sunset or bunch of flowers picture was dismissed as being "chocolate box". I personally thought it was a good idea for chocolate manufacturers to use the best photos they could find!

Last edited:

Will

Nice idea for a thread Paul. Striking images as well!

Not sure if these would sell may chocolates but they are the nearest thing I could find in my flickr images.

DP1 cropped

GRD2 saturation pushed.

GRD2 levels adjusted to give silhouette

GRD1

Don Ellis

Thanks Don, although I should have written that this is a camelia. Sorry for the confusion.
heres a bud coming out on the same plant, could be for the back of a chocolate box?
I'm sorry for my confusion, too. :) This is the reason Leela tends the garden and not me.

The bud is equally beautiful. Thanks for the photos and the correction.

Cheers,
Don

Don Ellis

Nice idea for a thread Paul. Striking images as well!

Not sure if these would sell may chocolates but they are the nearest thing I could find in my flickr images.

DP1 cropped
Wow! Beautiful image... and it's going to explode soon. (Well, I'm sure it already has, but not just yet in this photo.)

Cheers,
Don

pollobarca

Yes Don, My wife told me the name of the flower, thats why she directs the plant maintenance and I do the donkey work....

pollobarca

Korean Ginseng Chocolate box...
GX100 with Olympus Fl40 flash

I brought back some ginseng from that trip - Incredible stuff- I will make a series of these two rather kitsch but very clever dolls. According to how they are positioned they tell a story of communication.

pollobarca

Talking about chocolate box, I am stuck in Bruxelles (chocolate town ) due to an Islandic Volcano. No flights and the trains are full.....Tomorrow phots in Belgium.

paul

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Talking about chocolate box, I am stuck in Bruxelles (chocolate town ) due to an Islandic Volcano. No flights and the trains are full....

Aye, Paul. It's called Chaos Theory.
A butterfly flaps its wings in Reykjavik and all the planes in Europe stop flying.
Don't eat too many chocs:)

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

pollobarca

Well thanks Gandolfi! today we were evicted from the hotel but the easyjet people here
have put me up in 4 star luxury at the Holiday Inn until sunday when the next attempt to fly will happen.
Here we have some choice Belgian Chocolate, Giant size Manneken pis..:eek:
PS easyjet are being very good for a low cost operator,as good as lufty!