The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP1 high contrast landscape...

Brian Mosley

I was really impressed with the DP1's handling of this scene from our outing yesterday...

DP1, 1/160s f/8.0 iso100

Great pixel level detail, great dynamic range... the lens is quite special, imho.

Here's a 1:1 crop...

Kind Regards

Brian

DavidE

Terrific shot, Brian. I can almost hear the water gurgling.

Thanks for including the 1:1 crop. That's a good way of conveying how much detail is captured by the camera and lens.

Will

Nice one Brian.

I don't know about you but I find it really hard to judge the exposure from the screen in sunlight. Luckily it seems you can usually trust the camera to get it close enough because there is so much room for maneuver in the RAW file.
I'm going to look for a screen shade I think.

Brian Mosley

Hi Will, thanks - it's just a snapshot really, mainly due to not having an OVF attached, and not being able to see a damned thing on the LCD! LOL

I would say, a live histogram may be on the way (requested on my thread on dpreview) but I've had some info from dave coffin - who is looking at dcraw reverse engineering the SD14 & DP1 which suggests the full size embedded jpegs reguire lots of processing to create - so a realtime histogram could require a different approach. Not impossible though!

Cheers

Brian

cam

mmmmmmmmmmmm. just a snapshot -- LOL! excellent.

i'd really love to see the crop in b/w if you have the time.