The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

experimental pictures

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
OK, one too many Margheritas I think... Honeysuckle at ISO 2500 B&W jpeg in the M-eight with some, ah, processing. :eek:

helenhill

Love IT....Tim !!!
I think it would be Quite Cool to scan on a fabulous piece of Textured Silk
and Hang From a Rod on The Wall

Best-H

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Helen! Yeah it's either really bad drapes in a cheap motel, or a pattern for one of those vinyl shower curtains. Kinda cheasey but kept me hypnotized for a while.

This one's more muted.

helenhill

NO SILLY....... wake up from the margarita Haze :):ROTFL:

I like the first one FOR ITS COLOR
and i wasn't thinking cheesy at all

High end Beautiful Silk with your M8 shot scanned and Dancing on the Silk
There is a company down in Soho that is selling this type of effect for approx
$1500. to 2000.00

Mitchell

Sorry TR, I don't remember your name which I should because I too live in Maine (Brooklin).

I really like the second image, not motel at all.

You do a very interesting thing in the second, create a great deal of depth and space which is totally lacking in the first version. I think we can go to school on how much these to images differ with respect to depth, and how, for me at least, the second is more profound and way more realized as a piece.
If one can with color control depth to that degree, that is no small skill.

Thanks for showing,

Mitchell

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
No kidding? Well, it's kind of cool to start in one place with only the slimmest idea of a plan and end up someplace completely unexpected. Thanks for your encouragement and it tickles me that you like them. :thumbs:

Cheers!
Tim

helenhill

Tres Cool....Love it Will
the tones & lighting are BEAUTIFUL
and the rugged ragged shape of the Tree is Divine
:)
Best-h