The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

roses after rain and dp1 discoveries

smokysun

very belated. the dp1 gives the best files in automatic wb mode! i'd been shooting in cloudy, as is my wont, most of the time. however, it did affect the raw files, even though it's not supposed to. i think the sigma settings affect the raw, conventional wisdom to the contrary.

confirmed: despite my pleasure in adobe bridge and camera raw for fuji and canon, the sigma software pro 4.0 (be sure to download this new upgrade) draws the most information from the camera. it's definitely best for the dp1.

ah, a break in the clouds. i returned to the rose garden on the university campus.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

smokysun

thanks, all, for your kind comments.

as for workflow, it's no secret (i should add i used the sigma closeup lens with these). i do basic adjustments in sigma photo pro. 4.0. save as a 16 bit tiff.

then i use the nik color efex pro 3 in all kinds of ways with photoshop cs3 (and i assume you could do it with elements). i've used literally hundreds of plugins, and the nik has won out. the color efex has dozens of filters and you can get all kinds of results. you have to play.

http://www.niksoftware.com/completecollection/usa/entry.php

i do have the complete collection and use the sharpener just a bit to finish up. frankly, the color efex is what i use 99% of the time. and the foveon file has plenty of info for you to mine.

hope this helps.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

bbodine9

Wayne, a question please

How close are you able to shoot with the Sigma AML lens on the DP1? I have a DP1 also and like to take florals but I am not sure of what kind of minimum focal length you get with it. Nice photos, enjoy the pp. Thanks!

smokysun

Last edited:

otumay

Wayne, what more can we ask from a camera? Or from a shot, for that matter? This leaves me speechless...
Osman

bbodine9

Thanks Wayne, I ordered the AML-1 today!

After seeing your photos I finally decided to go ahead and get the AML-1 to go with my DP-1. I also like to take florals but cropping is not always the best way it seems to get in tight on a subject. Thanks for displaying what it can do.