The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Budapest - GRD II

E

ellemand

Hey everyone.

As promised earlier I'll show some pics from my holiday in Budapest.
I had my GRD as backup for my GRD II. Didn't use the GRD at all. All pics taken with the GRD II in RAW.
I also had the GW-1 and the GT-1. The GW-1 I used a few times - the GT-1 (wich I only got a few days before the trip) I tried out also a couple of times.
I find myself using the GRD II just straight on with no accessories about 95 % of the time (I'm not that familier with the GT-1 yet, maybe I shall use it more in the future).

It's difficult to chose, but here you get 10 pictures, that I have selected -let me know, what you think:

Cheers
Ellemand.

trisberg

Ellemand,

I like the series of five middle shots depicting the elderly and/or less fortunate. Nothing wrong with the other shots, but these five add another dimension beyond what one would typically associate with holiday pictures. Well done, and if you have more on this subject, please post them.

Thomas

nostatic

I'm a geometry kinda guy, so the second to the last speaks to me. The other city shots not so much for some reason, except for the falcon one. That one makes me laugh...reminds me of an SNL sketch I saw some years back (iirc).

I'm not sure why the other ones don't grab me. Could be my mood...too much stress at the moment. Actually I would like the last one better without the person in it...love the circle cutouts on the crossbeams. Same thing with the second one - I love the buildings in the background and the symmetry, but the person messes it up for me.

Recently watched "Raise the Red Lantern." Highly recommended for the cinematography - symmetry is everywhere in that movie.

helenhill

Hey Ellemand.....Welcome Back

I have Three Favs

Shot 3
Medieval Charm
as if I was watching a 'Jean Cocteau' Film

Shot 7
Gave me the goosebumps
The curled up & destitute street sleeper unconscious
to the Mysterious Man who may be following the Young blonde
with ill intent.......I seemed to read into that shot quite abit LOL...LOL...

and as Nostatic felt
Shot 9
The Arched Staircase...Very Moody
reminiscent of Hitchcock OR Fritz Lang Movies
Wonderful ! Thanks Helen

Will

Really like the lady with the table cloth, and the two ladies sharing some gossip, looks like it was something scandalous!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I like all three of the last post . My fav is the last one. That image tells a story and the bird is the kicker

P

pcheywood

Great work, both sets! I particularly like shot numbers 5 and 8 from the first set.

Paul.

Photon-hunter

Ellemand, beautifull shots as usual. I am with Guy, the last shot in the second set is interesting. I love the first shot, with the lady showing the table cloth. Like Nostalgic, I tend to get grabbed by strong symetry and geometry..the second shot in the first set, the city across the arched windows, its fabulous!

Keep them coming!!