The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Band Shots

Lili

Thanks Mike, Queen for a Day is a VERY good Queen Cover band

Per your request; A B&W version :)

DavidE

Nice one, Lili.

I like that she is in perfect color balance, whereas everyone else is bathed in varying amounts of red. V as in very fine.

Lili

Helen and David, thanks so much!
In keeping with some of the discussions both here and in Sean's recent article I tried this image in B&W

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

DavidE

I like both -- and it's a close call -- but I prefer the B&W version. It evens out the composition -- less V lady and more everything else. Also, the visual noise is less distracting in the B&W version.

Lili

I like both -- and it's a close call -- but I prefer the B&W version. It evens out the composition -- less V lady and more everything else. Also, the visual noise is less distracting in the B&W version.
David, thanks.
I feel that the Color Image has a lot of "Pop" and it rather has a 3d effect thanks to the layers of colors as one goes further back in the scene providing a form of aerial perspective.
However, that same veil of Color masks much detail, making it harder get past to see the forms and actions.
B&W, in this case, is more 'essential' laying the scene bare to the observer.