Site Sponsors

Thread: dp2s roses

Post Thanks / Like

dp2s roses

you can get about as close as the dp1 plus the sigma closeup. battery on save got 250 pictures (on non-save 100). i suspect this is a firmware fix. could have been done on the dp2. however, i'm not complaining. higher iso and color very nice. overall faster operation, and maybe the raw write time a bit faster than dp1. same foveon files. and like all the dp's, it's quirks don't outweigh the results. still, not for everyone, by any means. a certain amount of patience absolutely required!

wayne
    www.pbase.com/wwp
    Last edited by smokysun; 1st June 2010 at 20:24.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: dp2s roses

Beautiful!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, osman. out this morning the fuji s3 and the mf nikon 105 4.0 micro. here are a few to compare with the dps'. they were processed in camera raw and photoshop cs3. none cropped.

wayne
    www.pbase.com/wwp

Post Thanks / Like

went back this eve between showers. collecting roses as they peak. this time with the 5d and zeiss flektogon 35 2.4 mf. amazing how different the results (at least to me). gallery at www.pbase.com/wwp/full

wayne
    www.pbase.com/wwp

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Though I have a soft spot for Fuji S, I must admit that DP shots are more poetic, Wayne. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, osman. i would agree. you can do a lot with processing (here's another from the 5d), but the foveon sensor offers different possibilities from the others.

wayne
    www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. my shoulder, wrists, and hand obviously strained this morning. the dslrs very heavy, especially the fuji with a hefty lens.

D upton-Hackett.

Marvellous just marvellous.

can i ask the meaning of battery save, that's the only real bugbear i have with the DP2, the most i can get is around 50 shots in raw.have everything set to lowest time on, just put it down to the time and power taken to write to card as others seem to have this complaint too.
    Last edited by D upton-Hackett.; 18th May 2010 at 11:30.

Post Thanks / Like

hi derek,
    as i said, i got 250 raw on one charge with battery save and this was about 2 hours of continually shooting using the lcd (no flash). you choose it as an option in set-up. i know it closes down the lcd a lot and you have to half press the shutter button to call it up. that's why i think it might have been a firmware fix. at any rate, it works. when they come out with a dps firmware update, it might work on the dp2, if anyone's brave enough to try it. sorry for your frustration.

wayne
    www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. got 100 without the battery save.