The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First attempt: long exposure with a small sensor..

Photon-hunter

Long time a long exposure aficionado I gave my little LX-2 it´s first chance to show what it can do...I pass by this rock nearly every day and finally with the help of my small gorillapod it took me just a few minutes to take the shot. 40 second exposure, Colour JPEG converted and tweaked in Photoshop.

If there is just ONE thing that I would like the LX-3 (if it ever exists) to have it would be a 3 minute long shutter speed like the Ricohs..(and please Panasonic, don´t pack one single megapixel more in the camera, 10 is enough...).

Will

That is really rather beautiful.
I love the calming effect that long exposures have on seawater.

Terry

Hi,
What were you set on the get the 40 second exposure? I know starry sky mode gives you 15, 30, 60 seconds but those are set times?

Cool shot.

Photon-hunter

Hi and thanks for the kind comments.

The sun had just set a few minutes before and there was still some light in the horizon. I set the lowest iso (100), manual exposure, f8 and did different exposures (30,40,50 and 60 seconds) as the light was fading. The 40 second one gave me the "negative" I liked best to work on. This shot has been in my mind for a while now..

Cheers.

Photon-hunter

Thanks once again for all the kind comments. Really encouraging,...I am looking forward to get some time to "torture" my lovely LX-2 with some more LOOONG exposures!!!:D

Best, Erik.