The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Iphone 4

Diane B

better than an iPad IMO
Seems like apples/pears to me.

I think that those who have both will only spend reading, surfing, etc time on the Iphone when the Ipad isn't in reach. Its a totally different viewing experience. I expect that people with both will use them for different tasks.

wjlapier

HD movie mode and you can edit on the phone.

Waiting for Verizon to have one of these and I'm finally getting a new phone :)

Although, if there was an upgraded i-touch with a 5MP camera and HD movie I'd be happy with that.

Terry

Seems like apples/pears to me.

I think that those who have both will only spend reading, surfing, etc time on the Iphone when the Ipad isn't in reach. Its a totally different viewing experience. I expect that people with both will use them for different tasks.
Exactly! I can already see that trend in how I seem to use both devices which is corroborated by a steep decline in my iPhone data usage over the past month. The increase in iPad data is much larger than the drop in iPhone data as there is more that I do with the larger iPad screen real estate and amazing battery life.

D

DougDolde

Not to me. The iPad is too big to hold for a long time and won't work well while driving.

jonoslack

What you can't answer emails at 75 mph?
I've made a little cradle for the ipad - sits on the dashboard - much easier for answering emails than the iphone with those tiny buttons.

What's more, you can watch a movie and keep up with getdpi while you're driving, not something you could reliably do with an iphone.

all the best

simonclivehughes

I've made a little cradle for the ipad - sits on the dashboard - much easier for answering emails than the iphone with those tiny buttons.

What's more, you can watch a movie and keep up with getdpi while you're driving, not something you could reliably do with an iphone.

all the best
> Removes tongue from cheek... <

Ciao,

D

DougDolde

all the best
Does it work better since you are driving on the "Correct" side of the road?

pollobarca

Jono ,
put a transponder on the car so I can follow you on GPS- and avoid the same stretch of road! :rolleyes:

Seriously- Iphones and the like are causing me a few problems.
Went to see an exhibition of Egon Schiele and Viennese seccessionists
on sunday. Light was adjusted ( I believe so otherwise there are some strange folk putting on art shows) to bugger up cameraphone photography. But really they could have put the show on in a coal cellar. Some of the drawings were particularly hard to see. I have had the same trouble ( i was sneakily photographing with my GX100) at the Blue Note and Marians Jazz room in Berne. Same lighting trouble to stop cameraphones.
There is no solution really unless people start to realise that
a cameraphone pic, or a normal handheld camera pic, will never be as good as the art catalogue , and a movie of a concert taken with an Iphone etc shouldnt be on youtube along with the soundtrack :cry:

Oh and I believe good pictures taken of a concert never hurt anyone or their interests ( that includes cameraphone pics) . Bad videos with crap soundtrack do.

all the best

paul

Lili

Not to me. The iPad is too big to hold for a long time and won't work well while driving.
Um, seriously if one is driving one should NOT be playing/texting/surfing with ANY device. That is just suicidal, just sayin!

jonoslack

Everything is better on the 'correct' side of the road.
Still, over here it's absolutely illegal to fiddle with the phone when you're driving, of you have an accident and you've been using the phone then you can easily go to prison.
So you needn't bother to avoid me Paul!
Lili; I think (hope) that everyone's Tongue has been firmly in their cheeks.

All the best

( typed on my iPad going at 78mph :)