The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GRD2 in vacation

otumay

Hi,

These shots are two years old. Location; Fethiye, south-western coast of Turkey.

Best,
Osman

Lili

Gorgeous Osman!
I need to think about getting another Ricoh, mine no longer freezes but none of the my 3 batteries holds charge for a day :(

otumay

Thank you very much Lili, I appreciate your input.
You're right about the short life of the batteries, to which I can add unnecessarily high noise in RAW files, even at low ISO.

pollobarca

All,

I have 3 batteries with my GX100. The original Ricoh one lasts well and is now more than 2 years old. I can normally fill 4gb of card with RAW files.
I bought a clone in Austria, which is useless and lasts about 1/3rd of the Ricoh.
Another clone I bought in Italy from D'Arty ( french electrical chain store) and thats as good as the Ricoh original.
of course the batteries are small and it all depends how much motor work you make them do. The worst battery is the optio of using AAA cells. I tried rechargeables but I didnt like the pressure they put on the battery door.
All said and done I think the batteries (original and the no-name from D'Arty)
do a good job given their size.

BTW Osman , lovely pictures ! especially like the tables. Reminds me of swirling dervishs ?

b rgds

paul

otumay

BTW Osman , lovely pictures ! especially like the tables. Reminds me of swirling dervishs ?

b rgds

paul
Thank you, Paul. They resemble swirling dervishes, indeed. This resemblance gives the shot a less ominous air than intended, though:D

D

D upton-Hackett.

very very nice osman, like the pier presume textured as favourite.

smokysun

very nice, osman. it's a pleasure to go back and find older shots we like. seems like we're hard on ourselves in the short run.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. i love the tables shot. plenty ominous for me.

O

Oxide Blu

A wonderful set of images. Thanks for sharing them. I really like the pix of the tables, too.