The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP1x...when? How much? How fast?

Rawfa

The Dp1s has been announced for some time and people really didn´t see much of an improvement. The DP1x has been announced for some time and it is said to have the same speed as the DP2 (which is not much). I can see that the mini site is already up http://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english/camera/dp1x/index.htm . But there´s no word about price, availability, major actual improvements. I really love what the foveon sensor does, but with all the major guys coming up with compact powerhouse cameras it´s getting hard to invest money on a sigma camera. If they didn´t have my favorite sensor in all time I wouldn´t be giving this a second thought, but I absolutely adore the foveon sensor. I really wish Sigma would come up with something that could competitive.

smokysun

it looks like it will have the same layout back as the dp2. also, since buying the dp2s, i think they've improved the firmware, processing, etc. i'm with you, except i'm totally spoiled by the sensor/lens/size combination that i'm thinking of giving up most of my other cameras. we'll see. and the sigma 4 processor a jump up. it's like a mate, if you can live with the quirks the perks are worth it.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp