The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any Samsung TL 500/E1 users???

simonclivehughes

Here's a few from the camera. Tried it out this morning in Vancouver's Chinatown. I found that the first few shots were very over-exposed but this was probably a combo of me having it in A mode with the lens set too wide, plus the camera definitely overexposes by about 0.3 to 0.7.

These are just from jpegs as I refuse to try to use SilkyPix and will wait for RAW until ACR adds the Samsung files.

I run the jpegs through ACR to correct for exposure (WB if needed) and add a bit of clarity, then into CS4 for PP. I use Topaz and Nik plug-ins.

The Look
View attachment 32099

Leaf Detail
Exposure and slight sharpening adjustments only.
View attachment 32101

Dr. Sun Yat Sen Gardens
View attachment 32100

Brunch, Gastown
View attachment 32102

Very nice handling camera and the files (at least the jpegs) seem to give me what I can work with further for my specific look (which admittedly, is bit right of centre!).

More on my site soon.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Rawfa

I´m really surprised I haven´t seem more people using this camera. On paper it looks like amazing. Can anyone report on:
1 - AF speed
2 - Dynamic Range
3 - High iso
4 - How much color grading it can take without falling appart
5 - Size. Can it fit on a jeans pocket?

retow

I´m really surprised I haven´t seem more people using this camera. On paper it looks like amazing. Can anyone report on:
1 - AF speed
2 - Dynamic Range
3 - High iso
4 - How much color grading it can take without falling appart
5 - Size. Can it fit on a jeans pocket?
Now with the LX5 out, it might be a tough sale.

Rawfa

Now with the LX5 out, it might be a tough sale.
I´ve seen some rebates on the Samsung selling for 400us$. On it´s favor the samsung has the f1.8 lens, full array of manual controls, and tiltable lcd. On the LX5´s favor...well, lets see.

J

jjsemple

I had this camera on trial for a week from B&H, used it on a trip, then returned it in favor of a NEX3, which I later also returned after discovering μ4/3. Would be a great camera if it had a built-in EVF.

Lack of interest probably due to brand name snobbery. Still, the images were mostly excellent:

Vero:

Samsung TL500, 57mm, 1/45 sec @f2.3, ISO 80

JJ Semple
Camera Obscura

Last edited: