The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

To LX2 and Dlux-3 users..

Photon-hunter

I have just posted a "LX3 wishlist" page on my LX2 photoblog. Please feel free to visit and leave your comments, it will be very interesting to hear other peoples opinions and sugestions..(link in my signature).

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Photon-hunter

WOW!! woke up this morning and found all the comments!! Thanks for taking the time..Some very interesting input and opinions. Interesting to see that, even when every person has a different approach, there seems to be consensus regarding certain things!!

Please keep them coming.

Cheers, Erik.

Terry

Well I'm hoping that they are well along the way and we see a replacement in just a couple of months at Photokina. One of my wishes is an optical viewfinder. I never used to mind so much and the LCD on the camera is very good but as I found last night, after using the M8 and a dslr I've retrained myself to want to put the camera to my eye.
After not using the d-lux3 for so long I thought I would get frustrated at the slow write times and that really wasn't a problem. However wouldn't it be nice to have a good buffer.
Little things like a place to put a strap on either side not just a socket for a handstrap or lanyard neckstrap.
The GRD style command wheels.
I am a HUGE fan of the digilux 2 so a bigger camera is no problem with me.

Brian Mosley

I'm also a huge fan of this camera (I still have and use my LX1) - here are some shots taken by my 11 year old son with it...

I can't wait for the LX3... anyone want to buy a Sigma DP1 going cheap? :D

Kind Regards

Brian

Photon-hunter

Thanks Erik, I'll let him know... he's more interested in Warhammer at the moment! lol

Brian
You can´t imagine how identified I just felt:ROTFL: I desisted on trying to infuse any photgraphy interest in my own kids..genarational conflicts!!

Time will tell.:lecture:

Best, Erik.

nostatic

now that he's 14, tell him he absolutely can't shoot any more photos. You forbid it.

Ahh, hormones...

Will

now that he's 14, tell him he absolutely can't shoot any more photos. You forbid it.

Ahh, hormones...
I confiscated his computer at the weekend for playing on it when he was meant to be revising, so now he can't work on his photo's, or get on flickr, does that count?

Photon-hunter

Ah, the pattern repeats once and again..I hear myself saying "one day you will remember my words and understand.." and I recall the same exact words in my fathers mouth meaning nothing to me at the time..:lecture::cry:

Best, Erik.

Photon-hunter

Thanks to all of you who took the time to visit and even leave some coments! So far it has been amazing to listen to other opinions..even when obviously not everybody wants the same things, there seems to be general consensus regarding a few thing:

Lens: Everybody wants it to go down to 24mm and if possible be an f2. Macro, everybody wants a 1cm close focus ability..Steped zoom..Oh, and forget about the lens cap..auto retracting cover!

Maybe a hot-shoe and why not, viewfinders with 16:9 masks..

Sensor and processor: Definetely, it has to remain a native 16:9 sensor. No one seems to be very bothered with a pixel increase..better procesor (Venus IV?), and more control over noise reduction (ability to turn it off and no processing over the RAW files.).

A threaded mount on the lens to attach filters and converters without the need of an adapter...Cool one!

Persistant self-timer...and a 3minute long shutter speed for long exposure..

A few people stated that they would like to have two strap lugs instead of one..

There is obviously some more proposals in my blog, but this seem to be the most interesting/demanded ones. Feel free to pop in for a visit and leave your thought!!

Best, Erik.

V

VladimirV

Ricoh must be doing something right then since most wishes are already available in the GX100 ;).

Will be interesting to see what Panasonic comes up with in the LX3 and Ricoh in the GX200, hopefully both ready for Photokina.

Joan

I'm dieing to see what the LX3 will be. Agree with your comments above, Erik, and 6Mp would be plenty for me, less is more for the little cams IMHO.

You've got some wonderful shots on your blog, enjoyed them all.

Regards,
Joan