The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Modopocket

Terry

David Farkas (Dale Labs) has it attached to his M8. So it can hold a decent amount of weight.

David is waiting for a batch of them to come in and they "were" in stock earlier at B&H :angel::grin::grin:......I will leave the rest to your imagination.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I am sure there all gone now. They are really fun to have on those night shots when you just need something to hold the camera

Brian Mosley

I love that it's pocketable, but I'm wondering how useful it will be in the field... more often than not, I don't have a perfectly flat or level platform available.

The Gorillapod SLRzoom, with a small ballhead attached works about the best for me :

...and it doubles as personal protection if I find myself wondering about the city at night:scry:

Kind Regards

Brian

Terry

Brian,
I think it comes in handy in a few different places like a pub where you don't want to set up a tripod but we've all tried to put it on a table or balance it on a beer glass (without the camera falling in). In this case if you put it on the table you can also set it at an angle (and don't have to have a prop at the exact right height).
The other thing that is nice is that it is so small and easy and can simply be left on the camera and you can still use a regular tripod because there is a hole for mounting.