The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cat and Bee

Will

Alfie (so called because he has a different bird every day)

Tiny bee about 5mm long. GRD2 with GW-1

P

Poki

Just for interest: Is your camera able to take your cat completely sharp? I mean the blacks AND the whites in a full shot of it. I'm sad my cam (Canon IXUS 210) can't do this - all images look in the size of A3 very poor.

Btw.: The shot of the bee has great colors! I really like macros like this.

Will

Glad you like the macro Poki

I'm not entirely sure what you mean about the cat image but I presume that you mean is it possible to capture detail in the black and not loose the white highlight detail. Well I can only manage it with a bit of post processing of the raw file but even then it isn't all that great and comes out a bit flat for my liking.

GRD2 pp in CS3

Will

Damn the so called improved flickr interface. I can't seem to get the link to work anymore for putting up images in here. Why can't people stop trying to fix things that aren't broken! :mad:

try again

Still no good!

Just look at my flick pages from the link below. The new cat image is on there.

D

D upton-Hackett.

will.
In Flickr right click on an image go to black then all sizes. right click on image view image info box opens then down to location copy and post in DPI.
Hope that's clear.

pollobarca

Blimey Derek, written down its very complex in Flickr now! I had trouble finding EXIF info too. Ita all in ACTIONS ,although what EXIF has to do with ACTIONS is beyond me.

Will,
Alfie looks like a real contented cat ( funny how they are never"happy") Great detail in the woodwork. BTW that problem of the highlights sound like the same problem as photographing snow.

D

D upton-Hackett.

Blimey Derek, written down its very complex in Flickr now! I had trouble finding EXIF info too. Ita all in ACTIONS ,although what EXIF has to do with ACTIONS is beyond me.

I agree, "If it's not broken don't fix it." they call it progress. I no what I'd call it only i would be bared from forum :mad:

Will

Thanks Joan, he is.

This is not a small sensor shot but....
5D
Alfie is still trying to persuade me at every opportunity that is in fact an indoor cat.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Joan, he is.

This is not a small sensor shot but....
5D
Alfie is still trying to persuade me at every opportunity that is in fact an indoor cat.
LOL,
He looks like the comforts of home are more to his liking.
-bob